915

 

Wealthy Taiwan

Written by Peter Li-Chang Kuo

(Chinese)

Wealthy Taiwan” is a book of proclaiming—with methods, steps, and tools.

Fig 1: The book "Wealthy Taiwan"

In November 1965, my father, A-Kun, told me to throw away my schoolbag and accompany him to Kaohsiung to evade his debts. Unexpectedly, that journey turned me into the head of the household: I had to pay the rent and shoulder the livelihood of the entire family. My mother, A-Jin, called me “四腳仔” (“a four-legged animal”). As long as she kept whipping me from behind, she believed there would always be money to spend; I, meanwhile, had to find every possible way to satisfy her demands.

Fortunately, I soon found business at the Kuomin Market. I sold everything from tweezers for plucking feathers, butcher knives and small oil lamps to rings, buckles, hinges and other hardware. I earned NT$3,000–5,000 a month for her to spend as she pleased.

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

ESTEE LAUDER introduces AI

Disney Intelligent System

The Inventions of Linda Din